Hello Pray Team,
I hope all is well with you and yours. We are moving into March. This month has several noteworthy dates. March 13 will mark the first anniversary of Covid 19 being officially declared a global pandemic in Canada. We all know the changes that resulted from that. A day later, March 14, is when we, in Ontario, ‘Spring Forward’. This is a sure sign of spring. Speaking of spring, that season officially starts March 20. This is followed by a full moon on March 28 which is Passover for the Jews and the beginning of Holy Week for Christians. There are other noteworthy dates in March. Besides my birthday (Thank you), March 22 is World Water Day. Here is the statement from The United Nations:
The Importance of Water
World Water Day, held on 22 March every year since 1993, focuses on the importance of freshwater. World Water Day celebrates water and raises awareness of the 2.2 billion people living without access to safe water. It is about taking action to tackle the global water crisis. A core focus of World Water Day is to support the achievement of Sustainable Development Goal 6: water and sanitation for all by 2030.
At Water Ambassadors Canada, EVERY DAY is a Water Day! But this is a date when we can help highlight what we do. Besides emails, texts and hopefully media coverage, we are raising awareness by asking Canadian landmarks to turn BLUE. As of today, The CN Tower, Ripley’s Aquarium, Toronto City Hall, Calgary Tower, Vancouver City Hall and the entrance fountain at Trinity Western University in Langley BC will all
GO BLUE ON MARCH 22! We have also sent in requests for various buildings and landmarks across the country to join in. These include Newfoundland House of Assembly, Niagara Falls and The Vancouver Lookout.
Please pray for Water Day.
We pray for awareness across the country that even in Covid times, ‘Contaminated drinking water is the biggest cause of death and disease in the world. Yet it is the easiest global problem to fix. Just provide clean water.
We pray for financial support for our ongoing projects. We are sending out a text to donate program. You text the word “water” to telephone number “45678” on your cellphone. You can try it right now. You will get charged $25 on you cell phone bill. You can copy and paste and send the Text to Donate instructions to your email circle and ask them to do the same. Thank you.
Please continue to pray for these in country partners and projects. They are working under their own Covid restrictions. Please pray for their safety and success to secure clean water.
- Jaime Torrez – Guatemala – well drilling – Here is a link from his last Project report. It shows pictures and even some videos. This well is a memorial for our dear friend, Janet Manafo.
- Job Gamez – Honduras – well rehabilitation and repair + bleach makers + water filters.
- Rafael Alvarado – Honduras and Nicaragua – well drilling and well rehabilitation + water filters
- Jorge Alvarado – Nicaragua – well drilling and well rehabilitation.
- Daniel and Helen Bravo – Colombia –chlorination systems
- Rafael Afanador – Colombia – chlorination systems and bleach makers.
- Arthur Prince Ssajjabi – Uganda – drinking water stations and hand wash stations, well repair and rehabilitation and well drilling
- Gabriel Polanco – Dominican Republic – chlorination systems mostly in the prisons.
- Miguel Andres Moscoso – Ecuador – chlorination systems and bleach makers.
- Aaron Banda – Zambia – assistance installing a water system in an orphanage.
- Philip/Nancy Wood – DR Congo – on going chlorination and water filters.
- Wil Kamphius – Belize- water chlorination
- Jeff Sprecher – Guatemala –water filters
- John Steinmann – Puerto Lempira, Honduras-chlorination systems
- Pastor Hamilton K Bleh –Monrovia, Liberia- water filters
Thank you for praying for us.
Contaminated drinking water is the biggest cause of death and disease in the world. Yet it is the easiest global problem to fix. Just provide clean water.