Hello Pray Team,
I hope you are Covid Coping well. Distancing and masking seem to be the norm now. Watching ‘old’ shows on TV with no masks and people crowding together seems odd now. I hope that we can return to these ‘odd’ normals soon. Have you had your vaccination yet? Waiting for the second one?
Please pray for wisdom for our medical and government leaders who are all doing their best in these times. Please give thanks for a successful UN World Water Day. We did have several national and local land marks light up blue on March 22. Many have agreed to do the same next year. Also please give thanks for the media coverage we had. Also, we are grateful for the donations we received so we can continue to give clean water. Partnering with others. We all cannot do it on our own. Besides our volunteers, Board, staff and donors, there are some essential groups that work with us.
Please pray for:
- WaterStep in Louisville KY. They manufacture our chlorination units as well as the bleach makers we distribute.
- SAWYER FILTER in Safety Harbor, Florida. They manufacture filters which are used for household and outside drinking water stations.
- HAVE (Help A Village Effort) Minden ON. They work with local well drillers in India. Water Ambassadors is sponsoring some projects with them.
- A partnership with a well driller in Honduras. Job Gamaz is arranging to have another ministry drill the bore hole and WAC will pay for the pump and riser pipes. Team work!
- The Last Well in Rockwall TX is selling us Sawyer Filters for use in Liberia, Africa.
- University of San Francisco in Quito, Ecuador-engineering students are installing chlorinators
Besides these organizations we partner with for equipment and help, please continue to pray for our on the ground in country partners. They are working under their own Covid restrictions. Please pray for their safety and success to secure clean water.
- Jaime Torrez – Guatemala – well drilling
- Job Gamez – Honduras – well rehabilitation and repair + bleach makers + water filters.
- Rafael Alvarado – Honduras and Nicaragua – well drilling and well rehabilitation + water filters
- Jorge Alvarado – Nicaragua – well drilling and well rehabilitation.
- Daniel and Helen Bravo – Colombia and Venezuela -chlorination systems and bleach makers.
- Rafael Afanador – Colombia – chlorination systems.
- Gabriel Polanco – Dominican Republic – chlorination systems mostly in the prisons.
- Arthur Prince Ssajjabi – Uganda – drinking water stations and hand wash stations, well repair and rehabilitation.
- Miguel Andres Moscoso – Ecuador – chlorination systems.
- Aaron Banda – Zambia – assistance installing a water system in an orphanage.
- Philip/Nancy Wood – DR Congo – on going chlorination and water filters.
- Wil Kamphius – Belize- water chlorination
- Jeff Sprecher – Guatemala –water filters
- John Steinmann – Puerto Lempira, Honduras – chlorination systems
- Pastor Hamilton K Bleh –Monrovia, Liberia- water filters
- Bernard Sungi – Tanzania – water filters.
- Calvin Mochama –Kenya- his community needs a drilled well beyond our current budget.
It looks like we will be able to host our 9th Annual Water Ambassadors Canada Golf Classic in Haliburton on June 24. To keep it safe, we ‘rent’ the course for the day and our golfer supporters book a time in the morning or in the afternoon. They show up, check in, golf and leave. You get a yummy lunch wrap sandwich on the way out in the morning or on the way in in the afternoon. It worked well last year. Please pray for Ursula Devolin, the coordinator, our volunteers, golfers and donors, Covid restrictions and the weather!
We usually have our Water Training Camp in June. Like many other events, it has been cancelled/put on hold for the second year in a row. We may try to run camp in September but it all depends upon the Covid situation over the summer.
Please continue to pray for wisdom and energy for our staff: Brian Johns, our CEO, Jeff Merriman our Field Coordinator, Alla Mizers in the office and Ursula Devolin (teams and events) and Nick DiPalma, our accountant.
Please also pray or our Board: Barry Hart (chair), Geri Rodman, George Budd, Gord Mount (treasurer), Robert Positano, Riley Moynes (vice chair) and welcome to our new Board member, William Lam. William is also an experienced team leader.
So how does one say on track during all of the Covid restrictions?? A friend mine sent this reminder out to us:
1 Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.[a]
2 I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.”
3 Surely he will save you
from the fowler’s snare
and from the deadly pestilence.
4 He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
5 You will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you.
8 You will only observe with your eyes
and see the punishment of the wicked.
9 If you say, “The Lord is my refuge,”
and you make the Most High your dwelling,
10 no harm will overtake you,
no disaster will come near your tent.
11 For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;
12 they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
13 You will tread on the lion and the cobra;
you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
14 “Because he[b] loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15 He will call on me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him
and show him my salvation.”
Thank you for praying for us.
Contaminated drinking water is the biggest cause of death and disease in the world. Yet it is the easiest global problem to fix. Just provide clean water.